MANJE is a revolutionary socially sustainable project that will distribute corporate social investment, (CSI), funding allocations though vetted and approved NGOs into a nationwide feeding scheme. The project, approved and endorsed by DSD, will offer corporates full transparency, traceability and accountability while ensuring a solid social return on their investment. Involvement in this project, driven by partners with years of experience in distributing affordable, nutritious, fortified foods into the early childhood development and aged sectors, will also afford corporates the opportunity to leverage their input by engaging with their client base to include them in this initiative and further entrench brand social awareness in the public eye.
It is a proven fact that no child can learn on an empty stomach.
PROTEIN IS THE CONERSTONE OF ANY SUCCESSFUL NUTRITIONAL SCHEME & IS ESSENTIAL FOR BRAIN DEVELOPMENT WHICH LEADS TO IMPROVED LEARNING. IT IS A SIMPLE, COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO HELP CHILDREN.
Manje optimises childhood development for needy children.
1 in 4 of the world’s children are stunted in developing countries. This means their bodies fail to develop fully as a result of malnutrition.
We have the power to change so much right “NOW”. Together we can win the "WAR ON NUTRITION". By acting “NOW” you are investing in your Country's future leaders and your country's' future GDP. Outside of the current feeding requirements in Early Childhood Development Centres in Gauteng alone there is a critical shortfall to nutritionalise 200,000 children with fortified food daily. The need is immediate.
Education is vital in the future of South Africa. But it is only possible when hunger is absent. Empty stomachs mean empty minds. Working through schools and communities we can ensure children get fed and get fed with nutritious food. Children who receive proper nutrition can shine in school and on the sports field. They can enter university and the job market and are therefore more likely to contribute to South Africa's GDP. These future stars will remember your brand and the commitment to them - one cannot put a price tag to that.
1. We channel Corporate spend through proven Government endorsed audited projects to guarantee maximum brand and end user benefit.
2. All project funding has the end goal of fully sustainable Enterprise Development Initiatives offering valuable BBBEE benefits.
3. Our experience in this industry has proven that the majority of South Africans want to make a difference but do not have the avenues, or time to do so. Manje offers this by affording ordinary people the opportunity to choose Corporate’s brand/products/services, knowing that by doing so they support the CSI work they are doing.
4. Manje will improve any organisation’s competitive edge in terms of attracting and retaining investors, clients and employees.
5. Manje will enhance any company's credibility.
6. Manje will contribute to building a second economy.
7. Working with Manje & its DSD registered NPO's and NGO's within this Public Private Partnershipgives any organisation the ability to reach high and low-income consumers. NPO's & NGO’s are on the ground and understand the requirements and needs of their communities.
Independently audited for complete governance. Chairman of the audit committee - Mr Stewart Patterson. (Director: Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa; Member: Mpumalanga Provincial Government Department of Education; Member: Council of Medical Schemes; Member: Audit Committees of Department of Justice / Partner - PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited) All the beneficiaries put forward to corporates have been vetted and are NGO's that have current SLA's with DSD. This ensures corporate spend is going to worthy recipients already vetted and approved.
1. Key Project partners- Jeremy Mansfield, Mr Martin Kuscus. (Finance MEC for 8 years in NorthWest for 2 terms / EX Chairman of the PIC, largest pension fund in Africa and 7th largest in world, Currently chairman of the Mineworkers provident fund, has addressed the UN twice, Ex CEO of the SABS for 5 years, Chairman of the Afrikaanse Handelsinstituut, currently on Netcare main board in charge of properties consulting to the Dept of Health, Chairman of synergy and EDS Projects Pty Ltd.
2. Media Partners to the project are Hot 91.9, KAYA FM, OFM, KOFIFI FM reaching through their syndications to +- 6 million people daily.
Countries may lose up to 2-3% percent of their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) as a result of malnutrition in early childhood development.